Well, the big day has come and gone. I feel like I have been stuffed in a washing machine and spun dry. Now I just want to hang on the line and let the cool breeze freshen me up. But I will be satisfied to sit on the beaches of AC and soak up some sun this weekend with my favorite person in the world.
So, about my USMLE Step 1 exam today. I got to bed early last night (after a nice, relaxing day -- no studying!!), and then woke up a little later than usual. I did not have to be downtown till 9:30 (I had a 10AM exam appt.). I ate breakfast and made my snack and lunch for the big day, while sipping some tea for the shaky nerves. Why the nerves you ask? Well, to put it plainly -- If I don't pass this test, then "they" won't let me become a doctor!! That is, IF I DON'T PASS THIS TEST, I CAN'T PRACTICE MEDICINE!! Okay, okay, enough with the drama. I took the 10 minute walk to the train, and took a 20 minute train ride into the city. I got to the test center at about 9:35 and I saw a couple of Temple peeps there. We chatted until the test center people called me in about 10 minutes later to start my test. I had 8 hours to complete seven 50-question blocks (1 hour/block and then about 1 hour of break time). The first few blocks went smoothly and seemed quite easy. Gaining confidence, I breaked for lunch and called my sweetie to let her know how things were going. After lunch everything got a bit harder -- or so it seemed. Maybe I was just getting sick of doing questions (350 by the time I left). I got done around 5:15 (about 25 minutes early) and by the time I booked it to the train station, I just missed my train. Had to wait another 30 minutes. It was just as well. My beautiful wife was at home cooking me the best dinner ever. And she even made me brownies, my favorite desert!!!
So, how did I do? I have to wait 5-6 weeks for the results. I'm confident that I passed, but I'm not sure I did much better than that. It was a hard test. If I scored well, then I guess that means that it was even harder for everyone else. I thought I prepared well. Studying like it was my job for 4 weeks was no picnic, but it will hopefully pay off. Thank you, LORD for getting me through this step
Blogged with Flock
4 comments:
David, you are just too cute. You write just like you talk...smartly!
My daughter has done herself proud with you!
You'll pass with flying colors Dave! Of that I'm confident! All your hard work will pay off! God will reward you for your diligence!
Love,
Dad & Mom & Pete
ENJOY ATLANTIC CITY! You certainly deserve the relaxation after all your hard work! Have fun!
Love,
Dad & Mom & Pete
Yeh, yeh, we all know you did great. Now you'll enjoy your weekend away even more! ;) Can't wait to see you guys in July!
Love you,
Sara
Post a Comment