Saturday, October 06, 2007

Last few months

Well, I last posted in August. I was just beginning my Radiology rotation in Philadelphia. Well, everything went well with that -- I absolutely LOVED it. Which is great, since I am applying for Radiology residencies. I even got my grade back, which was an "Honors," the highest possible out of our "Pass/Fail" grading system. In fact, I scored in the top three for the end of rotation exam!! Must have learned a lot.

After Radiology, I did another elective rotation, Neurology. This was a very good rotation to do because it is one I had not done yet. And Neurology is something that will be on my next set of USMLE (boards) testing. Overall, I think this rotation went well, and I believe I learned a lot. But it has only been a couple of weeks, so I don't have my grade back yet.

In the meantime, I have been on another elective rotation doing Radiology at one of the residency programs that I am applying to. It has only been two weeks, but I have enjoyed myself a lot. The residents are all super nice, and the attendings are great as well. Radiology is a little different the second time around. I already know some of the basics, but I am also surprised at how much I have forgotten. It's coming back to me, though, and I can even make myself look good by asking better questions about the findings that I recognize.

In other good news, the application season is about a month underway (I submitted my applications on Sept 1st), and I already have interviews with two Radiology programs and five Preliminary/Transitional programs. I have been able to share this news with some of the residents, and they inform me that all the Prelim/Transitional interview invitations come first, while many of the Radiology invites come in November. So I have a ways to go. Plus, some of the interviews that I have set up are scheduled for December and January, so I have time to prepare for them.

I also have the boards coming up next month. So overall this will be a busy 2-3 months coming up. I will be travelling a lot during this time. Jess should be able to come with me on some of my interviews, but sometimes she won't, and I will miss her greatly. Please be praying for us during this busy time. We won't find out until March what program (and where) I will match into. That's all for now. Sorry, I don't have any crazy quote to leave you with. Please visit my DS's (dear sister's) blog for that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats again on all your interviews! As I've said before, we're not @ all surprised! We love you & are so proud of you! Way to go, son!

Mary said...

That's cool that you've already gotten some Radiology interviews when those aren't supposed to really come in until November. Awesome possum!

Josh and I understand what it's like to be apart, and it'll be nice when Jess can accompany you on your interviews.

Sara said...

Can't believe you're up to 7 interviews already--imagine how many you'll have by November!

Funny you should mention the funny quote thing, because I didn't put one in my latest entry. ;) My bad.